How young do you think is to young to have a baby?

Did that make since lol. Just wondering how young you thought was to young. I am 19 and engaged...we have our own house...have wonderful jobs that we have had for awhile...and we are financially and emotionally ready...I dont believe you have to be married to have a baby...its my belief please dont judge...just curious as to how young is to young do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think 19 is too young at all. I was pregnant with my first when I was 19, however sadly I lost it. probably natures way of letting me know I wasn't ready. I'm now 21 and am carrying nicely to term. A lot of people think that 21 is too young, but most young and old moms I talk to say that having a child young isn't a bad thing at all. You have more energy to keep up with your children with, it's easier to relate to your children as teenagers, and there is less of a barrier in young moms that I notice older parents have with their adolescent children.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I was 19 when I had my daughter with my BF. we are married now.
    Anonymous

• i think as long as you are able to take care of yourself and child and your ready go for it im 21 married w/ 2 girls. i was 17 with my first so alot of people will think thats to young.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 5:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I was 16 when I carried my son. 17 when I gave birth. People thought that was too young as well. Now we are married and ready for the second one
    Its something YOU have to decide for youself
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 5:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• (I'm not saying all older parents have this issue). My parents were both young when I was born, my mother was 19, and my father way 23. I turned out fine, and my mother was a very active and involved parent with my school, cooked every night, kept the house spotless, and threw the most awesome birthday parties. Plus I know I can talk to her about anything, and I often do. Young moms are by no means unqualified or unable to be good mothers. You shouldn't care what other people think, you just have to be confident and have faith in your mothering abilities. : )
    lillys_mommy09

• Only you really know. I thought I was ready at 18, thank goodness I didn't have a baby! I had no idea what it was! My little sister got married at 18 and had a baby at 19 and I think she was ready. Everyone is different. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Whenever you are ready then you are ready. People are different and I don't think that there should be a set age that is considered "right" or "okay".
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It's is better to have them young in your 20's the body is most healthier. The only thing is how your body changes after you have kids. If you really good about staying healthy and fit I would go for it. if you want to look good in your wedding dress have the baby after, but I not sure what your body type is. Most women want to look there best when wedding day arrives. Best wishes and good Luck.
    LeeFlower

Answer by LeeFlower at 5:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Im farely skinny but I think I could lose the weight quick...I dont really care what I look like on my wedding day...its not the looks its the love that will be for the special day...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Hey, if you're financially stable, and you want this, go for it.
    However, make sure you do something for yourself for. Go on a little road trip with your girlfriends, something fun. ;) Make sure you know yourself well, and if you have no issues with that, then hey.
    I only say that because you don't want to regret afterwards not having done things for yourself or "getting to know yourself."
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008