Did your parent(s) ever forget to say happy birthday to you?

My parents have forgotten about mine today. I'm not trying to get any sympathy from you all. I just want to know if you have experienced it.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep. Mine did this year! I called them and my mom was like 'Happy Birthday Eve' I said 'Mom TODAY is my birthday!' OMG she felt so bad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Lol. Yes. They get busy. I know they love me though, so I didn't take it personally.
    peanut081981

Answer by peanut081981 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• First Happy Birthday and second yes they have forgotten. There are 4 of us and I think they have forgotten each of us at some point in time. I think once we became adults and moved out they get busy with their lives and have forgotten. I have gotten a phone call the day after my birthday saying "I'm sorry I forgot your birthday, we had dinner plans or a meeting."

I don't think they do it on purpose I think it just happens.

Happy Birthday!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Happy birthday!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks for saying happy birthday
    sweetpea1217

Comment by sweetpea1217 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No. But my mother forgot how old I was once...she thought I was younger than I was. I'm an only child! How sad is that?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• mine did and it is a common thing to happen. don't take is personally cause they will be calling you full of "I'm sorry's". Happy Birthday and I hope that you did enjoy your day minus this little mishap.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My mother never forgot to say happy birthday or even make me one of her awesome homemade cakes but for 13 years it was always a day late. I was 14 before I got a hold of my birth certificate and found out that my birthday was the 12th of March and not the 13th which was the day I knew was my birthday for 13 years. Oh, and happy birthday...On time. LOL
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, mine often think it's the day after, happy birthday.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have not experienced this myself but my husband has! He even has sibilings to remind his mother and NONE of them ever call to say Happy Birthday. I think his birthdays mean more to his kids than anyone else/
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 7:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010