what would you recommend to use to clean floor boards (not hard) and what do you use to clean it with? I don't really want to use a mop as it is not very hygenic...many thanks...

MommyBear335

Asked by MommyBear335 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Murphy's oil soap and bucket and rag if you don;t like a mop. I use a mop but I only use it a few times then replace it. I clean my mop after each use with antibacterial soap and very HOT water.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You mean wood floors? Water and a mop. What else do you use to clean a floor?

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• What is a floor board?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I like Lysol spray cleaner and cut up old towels for cleaning rags.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• water and murphys oil soap, mop and bucket, I use a mr clean mop that the head is removable and I wash it in the washing machine after every floor mopping. Eventually it does wear down and I have to buy new ones
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 7:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I put my mop stuff and water in a bucket and pour it on the floor then get some towles and using my feet or my hands I clean it all like that then it goes straight to the washer...if it needs scrubbed I let that part soak while i do the rest then come back to it and it comes right up
    firechickk

Answer by firechickk at 7:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You could buy a swiffer wetjet. They come with dry cloths. Then use the murphys oil soap/water if you're cleaning wood floors. A new cloth every time and they're biodegradable. And if you're not cleaning wood, then just use the cleaner that comes with the Wetjet. I love my swiffer. Mops have always disgusted me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm simple, I just use hot water, dish soap, and a rag.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I use Murphy's Oil Soap to wash floors and baseboards and their dusting/cleaning wipes for detailed cleaning and corners.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2010