I hate to ask this, but I'm going to.

How secure from viruses is this site? My husband accuses me of getting viruses here since our computer is always messing up. I don't think it's true, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I doubt if it's from this website! Do you have cyber defender? Just checking I installed that and my computer kept f-ing up. really made me mad once I uninstalled that my computer was working fine again. and I also delete history stored like temporary internet files, and cookies at least once a week that helps too.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 5:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I've never had a problem w/ this site... myspace is terrible... viruses can some from anywhere... if you have comcast, you get free mcafee... if not, get norton... pc doctor pro is AWESOME!!
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 5:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• hmm i don't have trouble from this one -- but you can get avg free. I use Norman, I think it's the best, but it's not free.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• A great and FREE antivirus is Avast. If you go to their site, www.avast.com you can download it for free. There is also another good shareware (free) site for a tool to clear your computer's cache, www.ccleaner.com. I use both of these since a friend who is a big techno geek recommended them and I have had no problems. I honestly do not think it's cafemom that is giving your 'puter viruses!

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• never got a virus from cafemom
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Thanks ladies. I passed this on to my husband. I'll keep this question open in case someone else answers.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008