Maternity Sickness: Please Help

I have severe maternity sickness (I call it that because it lasts all day). I was researching some options and came across preggie pops. They are supposed to help with nausea. Has anyone tried these? Are they as safe as they claim to be?

I was prescribed phenergen because I'm allergic to zofran, but it's not safe for the baby. And the OB said it was fine if I choose not to take it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Phenegren always made me sicker. I have taken Zofran with both of my pregnancies. Preggie pops made me sick from the taste.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was sick all day, everyday as well. A friend of mine loved the preggie pops. I didn't. Another swore by using the Sea Bands. They didn't work for me either. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I didn't find anything that worked for me. I just drank Gatorade and ate Saltines for the first few months.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I had hyperemesis gravidarum and NOTHING helped at all.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• nope, just stayed sick for the fierst 6 months. i didn't even ask for a perscription, i don't like taking meds unless i absolutely have to. sprite/ginger ale is supposed to settle your stomach, try that with saltines. it may help, it may not. as for the preggie pops, they're a waste of money. it's basically just to get your mind into thinking they're helping...if you want to try something just get a regular sucker. try to keep yourself busy. i found when i was really busy, and had no time to think about being sick, that was when i didn't get sick.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• preggie pops didnt taste good at all to me----gingerale and saltines
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Never heard of them. Wheat Thins helped me out a LOT.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010