What age do you let your kids make their own decisions???

Even if they are bad ones?? Do you just control them till they are 18 and then it's a free for all or do you try to guide them but let them deal with the consequences of their actions??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on what the decision is for always...there is no one size fits all when it comes to kids!...lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have always let my kids decide what clothes to wear, what veggies I cook for supper, little things. Now, at 8, I'm letting them decide whether or not to see their dad who has never wanted them. I want my kids to be independent.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've always allowed my children to make their own decisions on most things.  They take charge of their health care at 16, their education when they graduate high school, and their safety when I die.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i let mine help with deciding there clothes and other things when they were very little i would pick out 3 or 4 outfits to buy and they were allowed to pick one that they liked same with going to McDonalds i gave them a few choices and they chose what they liked u start them young and u still have the deciding vote but you are teaching them to becoming self sufficient. same with chores u start them out helping along side you and slowly they learn to do chores on there own
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 8:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Mine are 13 and 12 and I let them make their own decisions unless its something I think would be a major bad one
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2010