national guard

Dumb question but what is it? My husband is joining and I have no clue and when I try to look it up its just so confussing!

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 5:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• A lot of those who were sent to the mideast are National Guard. There are two sides to this.
    This is considered a job with benefits by many who "in-between jobs". However, for many others, this is an expression of patriotism because many reservists and national guards still have to pay civilian taxes and must leave their civilian jobs, which would mean loss of income. For the second reason, I consider reservists and national guardsmen as the value of two people in one.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008