Why would a man tell his wife he is messing with another woman when he isn't?

There is a man that has the hots for my friend. He is married. She can't stand him, stomach him and has said NO more than once. She has asked him to stop calling and texting. He went home and told his wife that he and her were moving in together and have messed around. Never happened, never will. Why would someone do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe to push the wife away.. For some women there is no turning back after cheating and it may be that way for her..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• How do you know what he told his wife??? Is she a friend?? Maybe he just told your friend he said that to get a reaction out of her?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Because she told me. And he told me. Do I need to explain everything? Just consider this general statement as fact. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• more than likely, he doesnt want to be with his wife, and he is just trying to get her to leave by telling her that.... it happens alot, because the guy is afraid to leave and needs the wife to leave!
    Ashtin04242007

Answer by Ashtin04242007 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Wants an excuse to leave without confronting the real issues of the relationship my ex did it to me because he wasn't ready for the responsibility of a marriage.. and men are dumb.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, he is looking for an out..or he is just certifiably crazy. Your friend is smart to turn this one down, and she needs to be careful for her safety in my opinion. What if he is delusional? Well, hopefully it is just an excuse to leave the wife.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2010