Is it safe to dye my hair while pregnant ?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• no its not!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ive heard yes and no. i died my hair my first month and my babies fine... :) i didnt know i was preggo yet tho i bleached out black and put red. i heard its fine as long as its, amonya free? idk i havent done it again im waiting til i have my baby next month to dye it black again :)
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 7:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My midwife said as long as you can handle the smell then you should be fine once out of the first trimester. I never did it, but considered it. I did dye it while nursing though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Back in my day it wasn't because the dyes all had a lot of amonia in them...these days they are some that don't have any so YES it should be safe but the person you should be asking is your doctor.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yea i did it twice and my baby though not here yet is fine ;)
    firstimemommy21

Answer by firstimemommy21 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my doc said its really important to wait until the 2nd trimester because that is when all the major development takes place and while they don't have alot of evidence of it being totally safe or not, why take the chance? so she told me to wait till into the 4th month and use amonia free dyes not less than 6 months apart in a well-ventilated area. hope this helps
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I did mine at 7 weeks preggo.. the stylist sad the fumes are NO where near as strong as they use to be, and if u do highlights they dont touch the scalp. so i went with it! loved it
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 9:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes. A friend of mine was constantly coloring her hair while she was pregnant and her son was born perfectly healthy.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010