How often does your hubby S/O go out? Not a complaint, but was wondering if this is valid?

My dear hubs is a bowler, we used to go bowling every Wednesday, but when my job suffered major cutbacks, I now stay with DS {saves on babysitter plus my bowling} Hubby picked up Sunday nights now, and every Friday he goes over to his friend Moe's house.... I asked him to miss bowling last Sunday, I had a very good friends Xmas party to attend, and wanted to spend the night there, I don't have drinks and drive, he pouted like crazy and called my phone about 3 times to see what we were doing (big drama, playing board games, lol) I want to ask him to not bowl on of the 3 night he goes out, we have been married for 16 years, and ever since our son came along, he seems ALOT more selfish, any ideas, how I can ask him without him flipping his wig? Thanks Mommas!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 7:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• my dh gets together with all of our friends (just the husbands) at one of the houses for only a few hours, and that happens only about once a month...and not every month because people are busy with their FAMILIES! If something comes up with the kids, or something I need, he will happily stay home and not go. That is how it should be and I am the same. I have some time with girl friends here and there but it is not a top priority.

Your DH has his priorities turned around, he puts bowling and his time with friends ahead of you and family, from the sound of it. I think I would tell him that things need to change. He thinks he is single? You should really put your foot down, 3 nights a week is really excessive and I agree, extremely selfish of him.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• my dh never goes out. He goes to work and thats it. I mean I wouldn't care if he did, but he doesn't
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My dh never goes out at night. I have encouraged him to, but he says he'd rather spend the time with me and the kids. He does go play paintball with his friends like one Saturday every other month or so.

Answer by missanc at 7:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• mine never goes out either! where ever he goes im tagged along:) plus he works too much!
    laytonsmommy011

Answer by laytonsmommy011 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my dh works nights, but like never goes out. i encourage him to do it, but he'd rather stay home with us. there is a group of guys at our church that once a month goes out for a weekend in the mountains and camps, goes muddin, whatever it is men like to do lol. since we've moved back he's been wanting to go, we just haven't been able to afford it. because of winter they're next one isn't until may, so we're hoping by then he'll be able to go.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• First of all...although I know my thoughts on this aren't popular, here goes...when a couple gets married it should be AFTER they get all this GOING OUT BY THEMSELVES bullshit out of their system. I don't go out on my own so I don't have to worry about my hubby going out on his own...it's a non-discussion.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• depends on how you define going out...my SO goes to friends houses to play video games one or two afternoons a week after work. he gets off at 3:30 and when he visits a friend he is typically home by 6:00. other than that, he NEVER goes anywhere without me lol...actually, about half the time i even go with him to his friends when he goes after work.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• He never goes out. He used to golf every Tuesday afternoon, but hasn't since we moved here 5 years ago.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• DH doesn't have time to go out he works 2 full time jobs. But when he does he brings me along. You should just ask
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 8:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• the only time my fiance goes anywhere without me is when he's helping his dad haul wood or go grocery shopping so I don't have to.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010