How do you handle add with absent minded seizures

She is not hyper. She has Cavernous Hemangeoma. Which is several lesions;thin blood vessels in naughts: on the brain.

Niki G.

Asked by Niki G. at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm sorry I don't have much advice for you. I will keep you in my prayers, my DD had her first seizure this summer and it was very scary. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• aRE YOU sure there is ADD then??? or is it just the seizures that made it seem like. I would make sure to have a pediatric neurologist do the workup b/c ADD is SUPPOSED to be a LAST RESORT answer not the first one they grab which seems to be happening lately.

I would say make sure that she has a 504 or even an IEPif nec. at school. That the teachers are aware that some if not much of the time she seems to space out its b/c she is having a seizure. I'd also make sure to give them as much info. as possible on this syndrome and how to recognize the signs etc.
    I'd also be tempted to ask them to keep a count of how many if any during the day so that you have the info. to take back to the dr.
    Also talk the neurologist about what to look out for, any modifications etc. what he would suggest you tell teachers etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have never heard of it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010