Am I fat?

Before having my baby I weighed 115, I am 5'5". During pregnancy I got up past 200. I'd say about 205 to 210. I didnt look at my last appt. I was in a size 3-4 clothes. Now I weigh about 125-130 and am in a size 9. I feel fat. Do you think I should work on the last ten pounds? I know it doesnt seem like I am fat and I should be grateful but I hate that none of my old clothes fit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't let numbers (scale and size) bring you down. Work on being healthy. It is amazing that you have lost so much weight (since you gained so much in pregnancy).
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My clothes dont fit either!! I prob weigh around 122 now and for me thats fat too! lol Its not though and you should only work on those ten lbs if you want to. Not for anyone else. Just exercise. Its good for you anyway and it will help you tone up. I wouldnt look at the number or size. Just how you look and feel to yourself :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• They say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to loose. If your Dr thinks your weight is fine then learn to live with it. If you need to loose the weight and dont want to buy new cloths then make the commitments you need in order to loose the weight. More excercise and Less calories and fat will help you loose it faster than a pill will.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Take a look at my latest entry - Peeecture from a Saturday afternoon..
    I am your same height and weight, currently..
    I, too, am used to being 20lbs less..
    Do I REALLY look like I need to lose weight?? (And don't be afraid to be honest, I can take it!)
    I know how hard it is when you're used to being so much smaller to settle into a bigger body.. But when you're not looking at the scale, when you're laughing with your DH, and he's drooling over your rounder ass, how do you feel then??
    I don't know about you, but I feel better about my body now than I ever do when I'm smaller- mainly because I have ROUNDNESS in places I lose it when I'm thinner..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• (And for what it's worth- the rest of the weight will come off. How far post partum are you?? It takes a year to put it all on, it should take a year to get it all off... If you keep that in mind, you'll feel better.. There's no need to do extra dieting or exercising outside of your norm, unless you actually WANT to.. You should keep a good diet and at least moderately exercise, but there is no need to go above and beyond what you'd normally do..)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I was 114 before I got pregnant and was 178 when I gave birth now I'm 150 and a size 6 and I feel the same way ( oh and I'm 5'4" )
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 8:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2008