Vent I guess...

Today was my DS preschool performance. I told ALL grandparents about it last week. I text my parents the time multiple times. An hour before my dad texts me asking if it was at 1230 and I said no and told him the right time. Him, my mom, and sister show up 5mins before it was time to go home. (The performance was already over) My mom says "Oh I thought it was from 12-1" How can she say that when I told her multiple times when it was?
My parents had always forgotten important stuff I had when I was growing up but for some reason I thought it would be different with their grandkids.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 8:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There's an old saying that goes something like, "expecting a different outcome from repeating same behaviors is a sign of insanity" (Einstein) So I guess you can join the rest of us insane folks, or just learn to accept that your parents are a bit scatter-brained & video tape the events they miss to watch w/ them later. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks!
    And they are not scatter brain they are selfish
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You don't mention their age, but not to be mean, I'd of been there when the doors opened and I'm no youngun. Sorry honey , I can feel your hurt, but it seems to be their MO.........
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• They are in their early 40s
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• WHOA! 40s and grandparents??!! Do you think they are having issues being SO young and having a grandchild... are they showing disapproval by being rude?  I cant even imagine being a grandparent THAT young.  

But if they were that way when you were little then maybe it isnt anger or embarrassment.... maybe that is simply who they are and you shouldnt expect anything more.

Anonymous

• It sounds aas if maybe that they don't deem whatever important at all not to show up at the time you tell them. It all has to do with what you think is the priority in your life and it doesn't sound like they have their priorities straight. I became a Grandma at 36 I love being a Grandma and would walk on water to be at all of my Grandkids things if I can be
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Just don't invite them to the next event. Then you can tell them 'oh I forgot'. Maybe when they feel hurt/disappointed then they'll realize what it feels like for your family.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• anon...40s is not that young to be a grandparent. i'll quite possibly be a grandma in my 30s (my son will be 24 when i turn 40).
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I invited 30 ppl to my sons 1st bday 5 showed up i told everybody a month in advance then reminders 2wks 1wk 1day before and tht day! i totally feel ur pain and im sry my mom is a better grandma than mom so i can see how u would expect tht
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010