do you think that when you do something nice for others...

It kind of looses its specialness if you tell people about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I know what you mean, like if you tell people you are not doing it just to do it. But I think it feels good do something good and there's nothing wrong with sharing that feeling of pride with others!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• not really
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If I share what I've done, it's usually to teach a lesson to my own children or to the ones I come in contact w/ at my schools (I sub teach) It's not meant for bragging, more of an example of proper behavior toward others.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think its ok to share if you explaining good example to kids or if others ask what they could do(example of helping others) but if its bragging yes
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No, my hubby is the giver and he came home from the gas station one day and told me a lady and her 2 small children ran out of gas, he helped push her car to the pump and paid for 3 dollars of gas he came home and told me about it. I think it was special that he would do that and that he shared it with me.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I volunteer for animal rescues and at nursing homes. It's so fun and interesting I talk about it a lot. There is knowledge to be shared when it comes to helping others. It doesn't mean it didn't come from the kindess of their hearts.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• awe... very sweet tiffany

well... I felt really good I was able to help someone... I had a ten dollar coupon off groceries and this was the last day to use it, I totally forgot until after I was through the line and paid. the line was long and I didnt want to bother the checker. I looked back and saw a mom with two cute kids and all she was buying were diapers and basics... I gave it to her. Her reaction was more than I expected... made me feel like I did something nicer than I thought... like maybe she really needed it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• sure, if it is in a bragging way. i ususally tell my kids what i do and why so that they can remember that and hopefully do good things themselves. but sometimes i don't say anything.....i guess it depends on what the deed was. that was real nice what you did though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Down votes? Really??

Sometimes I think you just HAVE to share that good feeling with someone else so you tell about the good thing you did to help another person. Plus I think if we tell others, maybe that will inspire them to do more good deeds themselves.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010