How should I change myself and my 10mo old out of wet swim suits at the Y?

I just got back from the YMCA and I sat my son on the floor so I could change and he find a PILL and tried to eat it!!!! I caught him just in time. I feel awful and I want to know how I can do this more efficiently.

Suggestions? Please no bashing.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am not sure if your Y had this, we have seperate changing rooms for families. I am not sure if that would be any better then the woman's locker room, although it might be. Plus ours only allows one family in at a time. If you don't have that then I would just check the floor around him before you set him down. Lastly, maybe you could ask the Y to clean the locker room before you have to go in there.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• First off if anyone bashes you for this they have no life things like this happen. That's how I always do it. Maybe just do a quick look around before setting him down. Or if someone goes with you ask them to hold him while you get dressed. Sorry I wish I was more help.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You did fine, just try not to take your eyes off your lil one. My daughter got into her daddys pills on the counter one time and all he did was turn to throw something away, LIl ones are very fast
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 8:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• be sure there are no pills on the floor....I mean my first two were 16mos apart and I had to juggle alot at once.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for that very obvious answer.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks cornflakegirl3, that's helpful I didn;t know there were family locker rooms.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• bring a stroller with you. change him first, put him in the stroller, and then change yourself
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Is it possible to bring his car seat in or a portable playpen so that you have something to set him in while you change? Or perhaps you could ask another mother to keep an eye on him while you change. To the other poster...I had 4 children in 5 years and it didn't make me super mom or a mom that never had a child who got in to things. My 1st 2 were 16 mos. apart and my last 2 were almost 16 mos. apart.....and I don't think I am any better than a mom with 1 small child. It's hard no matter if you have 1 or 4!
    Anonymous