how come?

how come my fiances ex thinks it okay for his kids to call another man dad, but when his kids call me mom.... she flips out and wants to fight with everyone and take his privileges of seeing them away? isnt that a double standard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally don't think either is ok if both dad and mom are active. She doesn't care about dad but she is offended when her kids call you mom. Maybe it makes her feel like they like you more.
    Anonymous

• Kind of a double standard. Her point is SHE carried them and gave birth to them. Her thinking is that only she should be called mom because she birthed them. The man who sticks around is one to call dad even though he's not biological, he may be doing more for them than their bio-dad. It is a arther trivial thing to get pissy about, but she feels she's in the right and I don't think arguing with her is worth it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• alot of women seem to think thats ok, i dont get it either?
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think it's a double standard as well. I will never expect my bonus son to call me mom.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010