When eating lunch at school how does the school cafeteria charge your child? Punch card? Do they have a lunch # they enter into the computer?

At our schools each child has a 5 digit library and lunch # that are the same the older 2nd -5 grade enter their own #'s  into the computer and the lunch staff clicks A or B lunch for them and of course 6-12th enter their own. The younger kids are enter by the cafteria staff.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My dd has a pin number she enters on a number pad.
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• a PIN

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• lunch # they enter in, since they were in kindergarten.

Answer by missanc at 8:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I pack for my kids but I believe they have pin numbers
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• card
    Stephanie808

Answer by Stephanie808 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i pack my son's lunch, but he also has a pin number for the cafeteria. one time he forgot his lunch and had to get one from the cafeteria and i don't put money in there, so they sent a note home saying to pay them back, etc.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ours does pretty much exactly what your kids school does. Most of the time I pack my sons lunch though.

He does get a milk everyday though.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Our elementary schools dont have cafeterias... the food is brought in. So you order your lunches month by month. The day you order lunch your teacher gives the child a card to turn in.

The high school and middle school have cafeterias and the kids have pin numbers. I load the money via an account on line.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my son has a card he swipes but if he loses or forgets his card he can use his pin #
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• when i was younger it started out as mommy was sending lunch money to the school at the begining of the week so we could eat lunch...then it was lunch tickets,then it was you had a pin number you had to type in and after you typed it in you had a choice to pay for your lunch with money or with lunch tickets.........then it was to the point where mom sent in money to the school every week and they gave you a limit on how much you could spend per lunch a day but no matter what you still had to enter a pin number......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010