Mirena

how long does it take for you to get a period after the removal of mirena?? my friend is on it and has had itout for a month and still no period yet... and y advice?

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the gyn didn't give her any kind of timeline? it does have hormones, so i would suspect it might take a couple of months for your body to re-adjust. she could always just call the dr. office and inquire....they should be able to tell her over the phone.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• HAHA I got pregnant on it LOL I dont know the true statistics but if i had to guess a couple months until ovulation became normal for it to be possible after that theres a 25% chance to get pregnant each month of any healthy woman with no reproductive issues.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• @ rhonda11787. I'm only asking because I have mirena and I'm terrified of getting pregnant on it b/c my doctor told me even if I did I would have to terminate the pregnancy. Is this true? was it a tubal? Were you able to carry your baby? I hope this isn't too personal I just really want o know. I don't know anyone who has gotten pregnant with it.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I had that IUD in for over a year and got preg. with it still in place...my OB removed it and i had the baby last April, but i wouldnt change anything for the world...i now have 4 wonderful boys instead of only 3. I didnt have to terminate my pregnancy....my OB just removed the IUD and i had a perfectly healthy baby.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thank you! My doctor scared me by saying that. I mean obviously I have bc because I dont want to get pregnant right now. But If it happened I would not want to terminate the pregnancy either!!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't have a period, I have had it since May 2007.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i had mirena and they put me on the pill after. Its been 5months and i still have not really had a period just light spotting not enough for a pantyliner. THe doctor said that the mirena can rub the walls of your vagina and your body has to repair. The doctor is keeping me on the pill to help it come back
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 9:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't know but I'll bump for you.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Most women have some bleeding soon after removal, but her hormones are adjusting back to normal, so this may just be normal while she gets reset. I wouldn't worry too much, but if she's still stressing, a call or email to the doc is always worth the peace of mind it can bring. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2010