Ok my parents say that I have to leave my little puppy at home if I ever want to come over any more, its that or not see them but i cant leave my dog at home, so should i get rid of my dog or say what ever and forgit about my parents?????

my puppy peed on there floor one time because she is still being poddied trained and now they never want to see her again but she is a part of are family so its get rid of her or not see my parents what should i do

katkashka

Asked by katkashka at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pets

• Tell them to get over it...btw...why can't you leave the pup at home?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Why can't the puppy stay at home. It is their house and if they don't want the puppy there it is their right.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Just leave your dog at home or have someone puppysit
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You don't have to get rid of your puppy. I know how it is not wanting to leave a puppy home. Especially during the potty training times. How about taking a kennel with you to your parents'. That way she can be with you and also be contained when you need her to be yet taken for a walk and played with when she needs it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• because we live in an apt and we are aloud to have small dogs but when we leave her home alone she wines and the neighbors complaine the land lord said if we get any more complaints we have to get out so we have to take the dog with every where and thank you i asked about the kennel that is what we have been doing at there house and they dont want to do that any more eather they want nothing to do with my dog
    katkashka

Comment by katkashka (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't stop talking to my parents over a dog. This is what I do when we take our dogs to visit people we take their pet taxi or small kennel and put them in there or leave them outside in a chain. I am always so worried that they will pee or poop in someones house and I won't take them unless we are going out of state.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Have you tried putting a towel over the crate, playing music or leaving the tv on?
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Having a dog in an apartment is usually a tough challenge all the way around. I'm sorry your parents are being the way they are about it and not willing to compromise. Do you have a friend who can dog sit while you go to your parents' house? I'm assuming your talking about a Christmas visit. If you are travelling and staying over night, maybe check into boarding for her. After the holidays, maybe just not visit your parents as much until the dog is totally potty trained.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• What I would do is tell my parents okay and invite them to my house instead.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 8:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well it is your parents house, and they should not have to put up with puppy piddle if they don't want to. I guess if you want to go to your parents then you will need to either find a puppy sitter, a doggy day care, or crate your puppy at home. Maybe do as others suggested and leave a tv on (for background noise) and put a towel over the crate. If your parents live farther away then maybe think about boarding the puppy at a kennel or asking a friend, neighbor or other family member if they could watch your puppy while you are gone.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010