should I send a Christmas card to my future in-laws?

Sounds like a simple questiong, the answer should be an easy "yes" but there's a catch, they HATE me and are protesting my marriage to their son, we will be married in March. It is a Christmas card with 6 pics of me, my fiance' and my dd (all very cute). I know his mom is prob ready to end all the trouble and just get along but his dad doesn't. Part of me thinks that this would be a nice way to kind of open the communication but another part says it may just cause more trouble. My fiance' says I can if I want to, he is so mad at his dad (who asked him why are you marrying that whore, when he told him we were getting married)

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• Yep. You are a nice person might as well it will just make you the bigger person. If they want to miss out on everything that's their issue but you can say you tried. Good luck hun.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I say mail them a Christmas card. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Mail the card...the issue is them, not you. Your conscious will be clear and you know in your heart of hearts you did the right thing. Nothing is better in life then just "Doing the right thing." Have a wonderful holiday and congrats on your wedding!
    cookingwdenay

Answer by cookingwdenay at 10:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i would mail them the card and write something sweet like i hope that the new year will mark a new start for us.....something like that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, I would
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would. I cant hurt anything and it might make your future father in law see that youre not just "that whore" and that youre willing to move on.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sure ... and I like the comment: May the new year be a new start.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I definitely would!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would too
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010