What would you do if your stepkids are using your address and they are grown and have never lived with you?

Then you got a letter stating that the step daughter owes over $7000.00 for beauty school she has never finished and that she won't return their calls about making payments.
Do you think there is anything that I can do to get them to stop using our address we don't even talk to these 2 kids haven't in 2 years.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• When the mail comes just write RETURN TO SENDER< NOT AT THIS ADDRESS. Do NOT OPEN their mail. You can get in trouble for opening and and/or throwing it away. Just send it back unopened

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Call them and let them know you dont want them using your address and call the beauty school and give them her real address. Its rediculous that they do that
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That's fraud. I would tell my stepkids that they are breaking the law, and that you won't help them do it. Next time the beauty school, or any other debt collector contacts you, tell them that your address was used without your knowledge or consent. They will take it from there.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If they are using it for car insurance purposes, this is illegal and YOU could get into trouble for it if you know they are using that address. I would not accept the mail, put "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" on any piece of mail that come in their names and place it back in the mail box.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree go talk to the school and tell them whats going on and as far as the mail either throw it away or write " not at this address" on it and put it back in the mail box. If either of them call and ask about it or something tell them if they want their mail they need to start using their real address or get a PO box and stop using yours.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, you can get into trouble for throwing the mail away. AND you can't prove that you didn't give it to them. That's why I would write "Not at this Address" on the mail.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• return the mail to the sender that way they will know that the person doesnt live there.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• RETURN TO SENDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you mark the mail "wrong address..return to sender" eventually you will be taken off the lists. Our home had a renter before we bought and remodeled. We still get mail addressed to her, bills mostly. I understand!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well my kids are not that old yet but I do use my mom's address to this day for things...so does my brother. It's just easier for us to do that since my bro's in the military and my DH is also in the military.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 8:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010