Do I move?

I have a long distant relationship. If I leave the kids will be far away from their father. We are divorced but he still sees the kids all the time. My boyfriend says he wants me closer. He says if I could move in a year it would be great. ( of course he would propose)

But I am torn. I love him but I would feel bad for taking the kids further from dad. My boyfriend says he will do everything to make sure the kids see him as often as possible.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why can't the boyfriend move? I wouldn't take my kids away from their father for a boyfriend.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Get the ring 1st

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• how come he doesnt move to you. if it was me i would stay there if the your ex is still fully involved. but thats just me.

Autumn19

Answer by Autumn19 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• How old are your children? What would traveling for them be like? Are you going to be married first?
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• He owns his own business. That is why it is difficult to move. Where he lives is crucial to his sales.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes I would never move without marriage. My kids are 10 and 8.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Can he meet you halfway or is it too far? Definitely get MARRIED first! Talk to your ex and see what you can work out with him. Also, talk to the kids. They are old enough to have an opinion.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i would be married to him before doing something like that. And I would ask the kids too they are old enough to have an opinion as another mom said.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You might want to figure out if it is even possible for you to move first. Depending on your custody agreement you may not be move further than a certain distance. Otherwise I would talk to the ex and the kids and try to come to an agreement that works for everybody, hope you can figure something out so you can all be happy =)

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Any chance your ex could move, too? It might be far-fetched but that's the best case scenario I could think of so it doesn't hurt to ask.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010