My husband wont get off the "name our son my name" crap. its been months, he has not stopped. Do any of you have a Jr?

I never like the idea of naming your son the same name as your husband.. i do like passing on middle names.. but think full names are just odd because i dont know how id feel about calling my lover brian and then calling my son brian, i feel like itd be too much confusion.

His name is Brian Eugene. ugh, Eugene is not a favorite of mine. Brian is very common, i love unique so its a total super bum. lol.. my problem is he would be called BJ.. Brian Junior.. BJ=blow job. is that not what blow job stands for everywhere? cuz it sure is here. blow job eugene? really?.. am i taking it to a level it wont go to? or am i being smart..

the hubby really wants me to consider it so im trying.

The only Pro i can think of, is that my hubby is in a very dangerous line of work, so if we had our only son named after him if heaven forbid something every happen to him... but i dont want to name my son that on those guidelines you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I have a boy I am going to name him after his father. I think it is an honor for a son to carry on his fathers name.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Talk it through with your husband. I dont have a Jr but if we have another boy we may. Our first boy is named after our fathers. If its important to him, try to find a compromise.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Did you ask your husband how he'll feel when his some comes home from middle school in tears because he is being teased so much?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My hubbys name is Jason Bradly and if we have a boy we are going to name him Jason Bradley II
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My husband thinks im overreacting when it comes to BJ. first off, i dont want anyone calling my son BJ, i do not like it period, and if he is a Brian Junior that will be what others call him.. and I know people have dirty minds and will throw in what bj stands for.. my husband and his family all think im crazy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• name him after your husband BUT instead of putting JUNIOR put II. call him the second
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I dont like the JR either that is why we are doing the second II
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son is named after his father..
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• lol, ive been so obsessed w/ him being called bj i never even thought about II..... would you have to write that on everything though? or how do they do that...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm so against naming my son after my husband. We went around and around about it too. His name is Manuel Alejandro....can you see a baby in the U.S. having that name and people calling him 'Manual'. No thanks hahaha. I flat out refused, told him no way. We compromised on another name and I told him it'd be fine to give the baby his first name as a middle name.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010