a diamond ring?i object (*vent)

OK so my daughter came home from school and she had all of these Christmas gifts and candy bags that she got from her class winter party well 1 gift was wrapped still so i took it upon my self to open it while she was in the shower(shes 8) well it just so happens its a Jarred ring box i opened it and it was a really nice diamond ring
and then inside the bag was a purl earring(only 1) and a card that said:Susie you are my world merry Christmas
so when she got out the tub i asked her who gave her that she told me some boy named Kevin
im pretty sure kevin"s parents didn't buy this ring for my daughter so i emailed his teacher instead of going back to the school well his teacher called me and i asked her can i have kevins parents number so we could meet up and i could return this ring and earing well she wouldn't give it to something about:school rules well that's fine i told her when she gets a hold to kevins parents to give them my number so we can meet up and i can give this back she told me she couldn't do that earthier so i asked her can i meet with her to give her the ring and she can mail it back to kevins parents she told me she couldn't do that eather basically i kinda feel bad here because someone spent there money on a beautiful ring for someone they care about and there Christmas is gonna be ruined what do i do now any suggestions?
i mean the child was a sweet heart for giving my daughter a gift but he"s old enough to know you don't take things that don't belong to you
ugg(*vent over)

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 9:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• why can't she just take it back to school on monday and tell him that she can't accept this gift.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• WOW so cute but such a tough situation Im sorry i have no ideas on what u should do...:(
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• @princessbeth79 theres no school for the next 3 weeks its winter brake
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• that teacher must be a real hardass. if you give permission for her to give your number, then that is not violating school policy.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• o here we don't have off school until wed. i guess you guys don't have a school directory.....does she know his last name? or any idea on the general area he lives in? you could try to find his parents in the phone book.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Go to the school and talk to the principal. Have the principal call the parents right then and there explaining the situation. They can come get it or can give you permission to meet them and deliver it. If you leave it with someone make them sign a receipt for it. Look his last name up in the phone book. Maybe you can find the phone number and call them yourself tonight.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Last resort - go to Jared and see if they can find out who in your school area bought one of those so THEY can call the customer and tell them you have it.
    Anonymous

• Yes! If you hand it over to someone get a written signed receipt to cover yourself.

I would start cyber stalking the family. Facebook. Phone book. Is there a room mom? Call her. Church people scouts people. All people.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• thank you guys:)
    its to late to to the principal
    its winter brake
    and im going to look them up in the phone book
    and the crazy part about going to jarred is idk witch 1 theres 1 in almost every mall around here
    we live in beverly hills so i"ll have a whole lot searching to do
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i feel you on this subject!! my 10 year old cousin got a diamond necklace from a boy last valentines day and she took it home and showed he parents what she had gotten and then knew the boys parents.......so they had a sit down and turns out that the boy had gotten the necklace from his aunts house the weekend prior.........he was in big trouble,but he appologized for it to his parents for getting them drug into the mess,he appologized to my cousin for what had happened,and he appologized to his aunt and uncle for taking the necklace.......it was sad and yet cute.......the boy never spoke to my cousin again because he was too embarrassed.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010