Stretch Marks

How many of you have stretch marks ?? does it strain on your self esteem? or could you care less?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I got them from being pregnant. I have them all on my stomach. I used to love my stomach, it was so soft and pretty, now it's all marked up. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, other times it does. I don't know what I'll do in the future about it but for now I'll have to deal. I know if I work out more I would feel better about my body over all with stretchmarks or not.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My adult dd had horrible stretch marks. She has never acted like it bothered her. It doesn't bother her long time live in bf. Her self esteem seems fine. She even wears a bikini instead of hiding them with a one piece bathing suit.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have them from my naval all the way down to my knees!!! I could care less most of the time. They are my battle scars, and my children insist that they are thier hand prints from when they were inside pushing to get out! Although the marks bother me from time to time, I would never get rid of them. They are a product of the most amazing times of my life!!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 9:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have had 4 boys. Of course I have stretch marks. My DH thinks im sexy so I try not to let it bother me anymore.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 2:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i have stretch marks.....most of which were from being fat as a child. i could care less lol. you don't notice them that much anyway (they're the same color as my skin)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have very faint stretch marks, but I'm proud to wear them and do wear a bikini in the summer. I had twins, and then one, and they are hardly noticeable.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• why do women call them battle scars???? do you really think pregnancy was a war???
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ive been very lucky, so far I am nursing my second child and the only place I have stretch marks is on my breast and butt. So you can't even see it in a bikini. But I am self conscience of them with my DF, although he doesn't care I do when I look in the mirror.

andria82

Answer by andria82 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i have them in my inner thighs,my hips,my lower back going towards my tail bone,my boobs have them.............sometimes my self esteem went down because of them but i grew to deal with them.........keep using cocoa butter/shea butter and they will barely be visible if you do have any.......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010