music.....

why are some people so anal about music? i mean i was reading a blog about music and all these people on it are all "screamo music is sinful blah blah blah" i told this poor girl that its only music, if you know right from wrong music wont influence you in anyway

what do you think of this? was i correct in telling her that or should i just have said nothing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people are just ignorant. My cousin has a heavy rock band that is pure christian. I know of many screamo type bands that are actually religious. People just don't like things so they bash it any way they can.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with you.
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 10:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Actually there is good and bad music..... Music originated from God... but Satan who WAS part of Heaven at one time KNOWS this and has taken what is good and perverted it. ( meaning turned it from good to bad) However God will redeem it all in time.
    I believe Screamo Music is not necessary.... if you ever heard a demon scream ... it would send chills up and down your spine.
    I believe some of the music out there is not good as well as the words to many of the secular music but not all are bad and since God can turn things for good He will do that.
    I for one have listened to some secular and see JESUS in some of those songs but there are some I will NOT listen to because it is down right demonic. Its a matter of for me using wisdom to what I let into my spirit through my eyes and ears. This is my personal journey in this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• As for music not influencing you... you are gravely wrong about that. There have been studies that certain kinds of music and certain words as well can have a negative effect on you. There is power in the sound that goes forth into peoples spirit and it affects that spirit within that person more than people think or realise!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• music is music...it doesnt push anyone into any direction....no matter how "demonic" the lyrics are
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• only people who cant think for themselves let music influence them......and those studies were probably on kids or mentally unstable people if im not mistaken, granted yes some songs get up pumped up and ready to do something and some song make you sad, but that does not affect what you know is right and what is wrong
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There is nothing demonic about music.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I believe music is very influencial. There is positive and negative music out there. Listen to the lyrics.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• JCRestoredme i listened to Marylin Manson, aerosmith, and the disturbed all my life and they have not influenced me in any way...like i said if you know right from wrong and you control your own mind music wont do anything to you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Music can uplift you but I think sometimes people put too much "belief" into the artist and their words and can go to extremes.

But most folks arent driven one way or the other by listening to hardcore stuff,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2010