My throat hurts so bad it feels like someone took a razor to it :[

Is it okay to use Equate Sore Throat Spray while pregnant? I read that cough drops are okay, but can't find a yes/no answer for the sore throat spray. We don't have any hot tea here either. I'm thinking of heating up some EmerginC and seeing if the warmness of that soothes my throat at all.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do you think it might be strep? i would go to the dr. to find out...you don't want an infection when you're pregnant.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• are you sure its a cold...ik i had pain in my throat daily and it turned out to be acid reflux. zantac solved the problem
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No I don't think so. I just started feeling cold symptoms yesterday and thanks to some coughing today now my throat hates me. :/ My OB is almost an hour away, I'd rather save the trip until I knew for sure, you know? I just really want to use this sprayyy
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes I'm sure it's a cold. Runny nose, sneezing, stuffy head, sore throat, and aching in ears. All the greatness of a cold
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• emergenc-c is nastly warm.
    Make a syrup with honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory).
    Skip dairy until you feel better. Make miso soup.
    I strongly recommend getting a strep test

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• make a solution with 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon baking soda and gargle
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't have honey or baking soda :/ Just the emerginC and sore throat spray. It's Equate cherry flavored and sounds like heaven right now!
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• How about an alka seltzer? You can dissolve that and gargle with it. It's the only thing that ever helps my throat.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'd check with your doctor to be sure about what you can take during pregnancy for colds. As far as I know, throat sprays and cold medicines (liquid kind), tend to have some level of alcohol on them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• def call your doctor!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 3:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010