Do the flaws you see in your child mirror your own?

I was getting ready to fuss at my 13 year old for his clothes being out of placein his room...and walked into my OWN room to find my OWN clothes also out of place. Most of my son's flaws are ones I too share....amd I alone in this?

coffeebreak8

Asked by coffeebreak8 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• any flaws my children have came from their father!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nope, I see some of me in my son and lots of his dad, and flaws from both of us!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Carl Jung was a genius and very much ahead of his time. he wrote about how the things that bother us the most in others are actually what bother us about ourselves but that we subconsciously suppress
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Lol. Well, my son is only 14 months, so I've yet to find any flaws in him. However, he does have a lot of my traits and I think we have similar personalities. We're both impatient at times and we know what we want. We were born 4 says apart and are both Libras. Maybe that has something to do with it. If so, I'm in for it when he gets older, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yep I see all of me in my children
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ive noticed that with my son and i..........its crazy how much our kids are just like us......now my sons attitude comes from his father,im not kidding!! his father is bi-polar,and my 4 year old son has his fathers temper.....now ive noticed sometimes when he gets sad,or mad,or frustrated he does things that ive done when i was little! his southern accent came from me as well lol.....but to answer your question,yes!! alot of the things he gets in trouble for are things ive done at his age as well....some things he does ive seen myself do...its a little freaky sometimes but hey,they were right when they said it comes back 10 fold lol............
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son is very hard on himself and places a lot of emphasis on perfection, which is a character trait we both share.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• no. my youngest son's personality is a lot like mine!
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 2:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010