Ornaments...

How many ornaments do you get a year? Do you do a family one each year or only when you have a new addition? What's your favorite ornament?

jillrebecca3

Asked by jillrebecca3 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I just bought a ton this year because I have my first "real" tree in years. I usually put up a table top one with a few ornaments. This year I bought a full sized one and got ornaments for it. Every year I get an ornament for my son also so we always have a new one on the tree too.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We get a new family one every year. Also, my kids get a new ornament from my parents every year at Thanksgiving. It is something they have been doing since my oldest was a baby.

I'm not sure which ornament is my favorite because all the ones on our tree have special meaning to me whether it is the ones from my parents, the ones the kids made at school or bought for us or the family ones. Those are the only ornaments we put on our tree so they are all special to me.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• we don't really get a special one every year, just one for a new baby and then whichever ones we think are pretty on clearance after christmas lol.
    my favorite ornament by far is the ornament from my parent's first christmas after they got married. it is a gold ball and it has 1978 on the back in glitter and a picture of the virgin mary and baby jesus on the front. it is beautiful and me and my sister take turns with it every year. i will cry if it ever gets broken because it reminds me of my mom and dad, and i miss my mom alot especially during christmas :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We always get a family ornament each year. My tree is getting pretty crowded. We'll eventually need a bigger one. DH and I have been together since 1998. Every year we got an ornament, as a couple, as a married couple, when our DD was born, and now with DS.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• a lot
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2010