My friend is ONLY 13 weeks PG and claims she just felt the baby move?

Ok, here's the scoop. My friend is 4'11" and she is overweight by at least 60LBs, give or take. She is 13 weeks PG, and she posted a couple weeks ago a picture before she ate and after she ate, and after she ate, she was HUGE (THIS WAS JUST AT 9 OR 10 WEEKS pg!!!)!!!

Well, she posted on her FB tonight::: i think i might of felt the baby kick. but not to sure lol

What would your comment on her status be?
I mean, it's obvious she just has indigestion!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 10:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IT's possible that she "thinks" it is the baby moving... as she gets further along, she'll realize that what she is now feeling ISN'T the baby. Its her first, so she doesn't know yet. Give her a break!

IF you feel it necessary to comment on her status.... I would just say... YAY! and leave it at that.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Is it her first baby? If so then it is unlikely to feel it so early. But I KNOW I felt my second baby move at 12 weeks. And my third at 14 weeks. I was overweight too.

I think you are being rather rude to your friend. You should be supportive and not so judgmental.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Probably unlikely that it was the baby she was feeling seeing as it's her first. Seeing as you're her friend though, you should feign happiness if you have to but you don't have to go bursting her bubble.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, it's very possible at 12-14 weeks.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 10:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• well, first of all being fat doesn't really mean she will feel the baby move later....the baby is inside of her, the fat will only delay people on the outside feeling the baby move. but i felt my second child move at 14 weeks.....she could have really felt it. i would just say something like 'o.....wait until they're 38 weeks, you won't be laughing anymore!' because i'm mean like that lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If she has been prego before it is possible.....but yeah it could be juss gas because the baby is kinda small for her to feel doing anything any time soon lol
    Qsmama09

Answer by Qsmama09 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She might be able to feel the baby move. I felt my second baby at 14 weeks pregnant
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• First of all you are not a very good friend. You are very judgemental. How do you know it wasnt the baby? Are you in HER body? I felt my FIRST child move at 12 weeks. So it is very possible. Try being a friend first.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• With my first I felt him @ 12 weeks!! So it's possible!
    babyno.283

Answer by babyno.283 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• "Some moms can feel their babies move as early as 13-16 weeks from the start of their last period. These first fetal movements are called quickening and are often described as flutters." - American Pregnancy Association
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 10:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010