does it hurt when you have your mirena removed?

and i guess i also need to know if it hurt when you got it put in since i have seen some women say it didn't hurt when they got theirs inserted. i literally was drenched in sweat and almost passed out, so obviously i would not identify with those who had no pain when it was inserted. i am thinking about trying for another baby, but i need to take this into consideration first lol.

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• Mine hurt very bad when they put it in but then it took them 3 tries and normally they get it on the first try. Getting it out didn't hurt but was uncomfortable.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• IDK... I am curious too. I too am debating whether to remove mine or not.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my dr said that when you get it removed it should be easier than putting it in and to tell you what it hurt less than when i had my second son i had no drugs or anything with him so i would say that his delievery was the worst
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010