Do you like extremely decorated houses for Xmas?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 10:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• Eh, depends on how it's done. I prefer the more "traditional" looking light displays as opposed to the tacky and haphazard ones.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Only if they are well thought-out; like everything is placed/outlined nicely on trees/shrubs/windows, etc. If they're thrown on just to pile it on, then I'll pass.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If they look nice. If they're ones that are just randomly put together then not really. There's one neighborhood in town where the entire neighborhood decorates their houses and every night everyone goes there to see the lights. It's beautiful and DS loves seeing the lights. He's asked us to go see them every night since. lolz. I would love to be able to decorate but living in an apartment doesn't really make it possible to decorate like that. haha
    PinaiAngelPai15

Answer by PinaiAngelPai15 at 4:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Only if they are done properly not tacky, i live in the south and some people down here put a whole new meaning on the work redneck christmas. People like the Holdman Christmas i think is beautiful, if you don't know what i'm talkin about check out www.holdman.com/christmas and look at his christmas lights sequence. It's impressive.
    ari914

Answer by ari914 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• sure, to drive by and look at and then leave. not for me to live in or have to look at accross the street all night lol. i'm sure my kids would love to look at it all night though ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Love it. Even the cheesy ones! Now the utility bill for the decked out houses, that's not for me :)
    midnight2513

Answer by midnight2513 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes I love all the lights
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We are the Griswolds!
    When im 100% im normally putting about 30,000 lights on my house! Its all color coordinated because im ocd like that.
    I cant do random colored lights just thrown wherever. Decorating my yard takes skill....lol
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes but it needs to flow...some people put wierd stuff together. We just do a string of lights. I would not mind doing more but its costly!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• not really
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2010