Just got the IUD mierna but not sure something is wrong adult content

I got the mirena on Nov 30 this year and i am still spotting with little to no pain is this normal and i have tried tampons and they work but still getting over having my son in october do i need to do something to help stop the bleeding or is this normal.

mommy2b924

Asked by mommy2b924 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• you will have irregular period for a few months after getting it put in.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• okay that sounds better than what i have read thanks for answering me so quickly
    mommy2b924

Comment by mommy2b924 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• no problem!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yup it will be irregular while your body adjusts to the hormones. It could be 2 months, or it could be 6 it depends on your body, but eventually it will stop. After I had mine put in it took 3 months, then I didn't get anything besides occasional spotting every few months. I loved it.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ya i've heard different situations from different women but i got mine at my 6 week post-op and i think i had irregular periods for like 9 months
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• call and ask your dr
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It's normal. I spotted for around 8 -10 weeks after insertion of my mirena. It lightened up significantly after the first week or 2, the rest of the time was just enough here and there to be annoying. I could go a couple days of nothing and then spot a little. So i just wore small mini pads that whole time. It normal.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2010