Did You Or Are You Naming your child after a movie star and or Character

Did you name You Child after a character in a book or movie, or have you named them after a celebrity? or did a movie or book give you an idea for a baby name? if so what and from what? OH and if you know anyone who did this what name a from what?

- i gave my son the name atticus from how to kill a mocking bird.. i didnt name him after the character i just really liked the name and book...
- i also want to name my daughter ( i hope to have one day Sadie) which i heard from the movie knocked up lol

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to name my baby if it was a girl Renesme from twilight and the hubby said absolutly not.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sort of. Chase.

Not from any crazy obsession with a fictional character - but we did become familiar with the name and grow fond of it because we heard it regularly on a tv show.

DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 10:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Our sons name is stockton after john stockton from the Utah jazz
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• well, i was named beth after a charater on a soap opera lol.
    my first son alexander is after alexander the great (all hubby right there, but i like the name alexander)
    my second son was named quincy after one of the characters on little einsteins. it was first son's favorite show (still is, but now he has to watch dvd's lol), and quincy was pretty much the only word he could say clearly. so i like the name, big brother can actually pronounce it, i'll go for it!
    my daughter i named alison after my dad, but if i ever have another girl i will name her samantha after samantha brady on days of our lives. she is my favorite (and by coincidence she is played by alison sweeny and she spells alison just like i spelled it for my daughter.)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i named my daughter alexis..just cuz i liked the name..i only ever knew one alexis in my life..she was in my grade 11 cooking class..she was a total bitch..LOL..but i love the name!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i love the name SAMANTHA lol that is my name!! (duh) and lol alexis that is pretty funny! i also want to name my next son SAWYER! after the hot guy from lost lol. i just like the name!
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think that boyish nicknames on little girls are cute. I call my daughter Joey, and her full name is Josephine. I never watched Dawson's Creek, but after we decided on the full name, the nickname came because I'd heard of it on the show and liked it.
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son's name was pulled out of a hat so to speak, but happened to be the real name of a soap character. Grant Alexander. My Sierra was named after a soap character. I just loved the name.My third child was named after family members.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i'm not pregnant but my husband and I already decided that if we have a girl her name will be Diem...... we got it off of Real World/Road Rules Challenges.

LOL and I always wanted to name my son Maverick but my husband said no...his name is Parker (which i still love)
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No, we named our son after his father and he picked the middle name he liked. Then my S/O picked our two DD's first names and they each got my 1st and middle names for middle names. No character or comic strip here, all in the family names so to speak. But my youngest DD named her son Trisitn after the character Brad Pitt played in Legends of the Fall, and we thought WOW we can think of him some times when we say his name, she didn't really care for Brad as a name.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010