The Duggars...

Could you live like them? As in many kids, home schooling, pregnant all the time, and cameras in your home?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No way but that's part of their income so I can see why they would have cameras in their face.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I personally couldn't! I like my privacy! I rather sit back and watch the Duggers with my little family!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No thanks. I would not subject my daughters to that kind of childhood. Their daughters get to be maids/nannies for the family. I want my kids to be kids, not mini adults.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think they have some pretty cool values. All their kids seem to be very well mannered and there son is doing well so some parts I would like to incorproate it - also they are debt free I want that aspect of their lives but getting prego all the time would drive me nuts. I mean the ob/gyn would become a member of my family lol he would be buying me a turkey and passing me a Christmas bonus check out lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I could if I HAD to, but I would NEVER choose that lifestyle. I want all of the children I may have to get a lot of my attention and there is no way to divide the quality of attention that I find important among that many children. There's just not enough time in the day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think they have some pretty cool values. All their kids seem to be very well mannered and there son is doing well so some parts I would like to incorproate it - also they are debt free I want that aspect of their lives but getting prego all the time would drive me nuts. I mean the ob/gyn would become a member of my family lol he would be buying me a turkey and passing me a Christmas bonus check out lol "

I'll agree that they do handle their situation pretty well. They do have a good level of control in their household.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I dont think I could either
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 11:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well I would not want to have a life of cameras in my house. I do however teach my kids values and I am happy with my three kids. My husband could not deal with more kids. I would have had more. I came from a large family (9) and the house was not chaotic at all. My mother had it all under control. She even baby sat other peoples kids.
    I love to talk to my kids and spend time with them. Now that they are older h.s. and college I think they are awesome. I loved little kids I would def. take more of them. I am not idolizing the Duggars or their life style. However I can see how it works.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Never. Ever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It's not the life style I'd care to have, but apparently it's what suits them. They seem to enjoy all the kids and what comes with it. They seem to all be well adjusted and happy kids, so to each his own.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010