How do some of you with multiple children do it?

I don't get it. Sometimes I'll see a mom (for example)with a 3 year old, an 18 month old, and a newborn. I don't even know how you'd get that many kids in the car at the same time, lol! And how do you go grocery shopping with them all with you, haha? My one son keeps me busy enough! I can't imagine having two more that I had to take care of while he's still so young. Props to those of you who do it, though! I'm tempted to have another baby, but I'm scared to do it until my son is old enough that I don't have to do every little thing for him! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol when my daughter was newborn i had a 4yo, 18mo and newborn. it takes a little bit longer to do things, but i just keep that in mind and start getting ready earlier. it also helps alot to be organized so you're not wasting time running around like you're crazy lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm wondering the same thing.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I will tell you I had three kids in three years and yeah it was a true test of endurance every day. Fun no less but trying at times.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I am happy to only have my one. She is 12 and still it is like I can't get her to get ready when we need to go somewhere.
    My Mom had six children and it was always noisy.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• haha, we do it the same way moms of one do it... you just DO IT!! (: I have a soon to be 5yr old, a 3yr old, and a 14 month old.. pregnant w/ our last! Busy busy busy!!! arent we all!! I put all three in the car at the same time, and buckle from youngest to oldest! haha.. thats all the routine i have w/ the car! :)
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Lol, princessbeth! Like, I was at the Children's Museum with my son the other day. I was running my butt of to keep up with him (he's 14 months) and thinking to myself, " what would I do if I had even one more!?". I would have enough arms to handle them, lol.

I guess you just adjust, though. There were times when I was pregnant that I thought I wouldn't be able to handle the demands of one baby, but you just adjust and it kind of came naturally. Thank God. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• after having twins the first time, the single 4 years later was a breeze. And they are all very independent.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Omg! Twins! While I think it would be really neat to have twins, and awesome when they got older...that's one of my biggest fears, hahaha. All of that work times two! Then again...my son is really demanding (probably my fault), so I think I'm imagining two of him. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 month old. It gets hectic sometimes. My secret is I HAVE A BABY CARRIER. Actually, I have three. I have a sling, a front pack and a wrap and all of them are life savers! I couldn't grocery shop without one of them.

As for getting them in the car, I open my daughter's door and let her climb into her carseat all by herself while I buckle the baby in, or I have the baby in the carrier and put my daughter in (so she's not running around in the street or the parking lot while I put my son in his seat).

I will say, though, that if I could re-space my kids, I would wait to have my son until my daughter didn't need me so much. We want more kids, but we will be waiting another 4 years.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, Ati, if I'm pregnant now (it's a possibility), those are about the ages I'll have. I guess if so that I will definitely be using the baby carriers a LOT. I've used them some with my son, but mostly have carried him in my arms. He never really liked the carriers...go figure, lol...just my luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010