If you've had more than one baby...

did you gain more weight with the second or first? With which one was the weight harder to lose?

I'm still about 13 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (14 months after giving birth), and I'm wondering if with the next one I'll be stuck with another similar amount of weight. I gained 50 lbs total and lost 37 almost instantly, but this last 13 lbs is not budging! It thinks it's here to stay, lol!

After the holidays, I'm kicking it to the curb! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gained more weight with my first. With my second I only gained about 15 lbs. I've never lost any weight from either pregnancy. I'm the biggest of my life right now. Uggh.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• with my first i gained 50lbs. with the second i gained 50lbs. with the third i gained 30lbs. the only difference is that the third one was a girl lol. i lost all of the baby weight 6 mo. pp with all of them, so that wasn't different.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained more with my second son. He was bigger though. He was almost 9lbs, I lost the weight with the first faster and the second one came off a little slower.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 1st pregnancy I gained 60 lbs, 2nd pregnancy I gained 25 lbs....I never lost the weight with my first. Dropped the 25 lbs within a couple weeks with my 2nd.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I started out big with all my babies but it was my last one that was the hardest to take any weight off but I had had 2 babies in 2 years so it seemed to compound.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained 42 with my first. It took me 8 months but I lost it all (but no more lol). With my second I gained 56 pounds. I still have some to go... haven't weighed in a while, it was 8 pounds last I checked, but with the holidays it could be more now lol.

Just do your best to eat right and get exercise and it will come off. It comes off faster if you breastfeed!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained more with the first, but it was pretty easy to take off. I gained less with my second, but I am still holding on to a lot of it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained pretty much the same amount with both. The weight came off a lot better with my first. I got back down to my pre-baby weight after I had him. My second pregnancy though, it's been harder to lose weight. I'm still about 15 pounds from my goal.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained nearly the same amount with my first 2 pregnancies - 25lbs. But it was harder to lose after the second pregnancy. I gained about 35 with my 3rd and 10 of it seems to be here to stay, nearly 6 years later.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I gained the same with both and juust got down to pre pregnancy weight
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010