I am wondering if this has happened to you? I am friends with many of the moms at school but several of the moms dislike each other.

This makes me feel awkward when I'm talking to one and another is nearby and doesn't like the person I'm talking with. There are around four or five that I like on the surface and chat with (at school) but they don't like each other! Not sure how to handle them. Ignoring is my plan of action but it's still awkward. Do I just not talk to any of them? Almost impossible at pickup/dropoff. ugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• just like pp said, be nice and cordial but don't give them any ammo to fire at you with, even behind your back. if all you ever say is hi and how are you there is nothing they can really do to you. but if any of them do say something to you about the other ladies just smile and say well, i like her :) and if they bring you into it don't retalliate back, they love that.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Keep it short and sweet. I wouldn't get too involved. Be sure that if they bring up the drama or the conflicts with you or around you, exit politely or change the subject!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Stay awayyyyyy!!! I have learned the hard way that.... Women can be so meannn.. Don't share a lot with them. If they make you feel awkward its your mind telling you its not right. If you notice they talk behind one anothers back chances are they are probably going to do it to you. Despite their friendlyy gestures.. ignore them say hi be kind but don't get too close. I hate to say this. I have been hurt recently by a few mother friends who were younger than I but had children older than Mine. I have only been a mother for 5 months! so All I want is a real mom friend I can talk to that won't turn it into my baby is better than yours... oh well loving Cafe mom. Good luck!!!!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Okay, good advice ladies, thank you. I'm NOT into the drama! I'm too old. Still sucks seeing them every day. Some days I enter through the back door to avoid everyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010