How to be close with sliblings again?

I really would like to reconnect and be apart of my sibling's life again. I use to be so close with my bro and sister. It's not until they hit their teens we started drifting apart. I would like them to be apart of my children's life too. I am 21, my sister is 17 and my brother is 16. I really don't what to say as a good conversation starter. I have said, how's it going and their like good. They don't seem to really wanna talk or give information about their life too me. Any advice? I wanna be close again.. ps.We live like 8 hrs away from one another. Sometimes I will visit my hometown.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i know how you feel. I have a sister that is 20 now, and i'm 25. We were very close when we were younger and when I got married and moved away she grew up into her teens and we drifted apart....it was almost awkward. I chalk it up to not having things in common. But like any relationship, you have to take interests in what they like....
    Make sure to remember special days like birthdays or whatever else as well....
    Just be there as much as you can, make it a point to see them when your in town.
    Hope all goes well! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Oh you will be close again. They are just teenagers now. My brothers are 24 and 26 now. When they were younger, and I had moved out and gotten engaged, we were not all that close ( I am the oldest). They just had their own lives and cares. Now that my 26 yo brother has a career and is going to be married and stuff, we are very close. He is much more involved with my kids as well. My 24 yo brother is living the bachelor life, and still in party mode with his buddies, but even him I talk to much more.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2010