Should This Teacher Be Disciplined?

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/06/child-abuser-obama-supporting-teacher-bullies-soldiers-daughter/

"This is ghastly. If you are a parent with elementary schoolchildren, you will hit the roof. A teacher in Cumberland County, N.C. near Fort Bragg (NOTE: she is no longer in Asheville) was caught on tape by Finnish documentarians making a film about Barack Obama’s supporters. The teacher, Diantha Harris, uses the classroom as a propaganda vehicle to shove her politics down the children’s throats.

Watch her bully a little girl who dares to answer “McCain” when asked whom she supports for president. The child is the daughter of a soldier. Watch the teacher mock the girl and her father (”So that means your daddy could stay in Iraq for another hundred years!”). Watch the little girl’s eyes well up in tears."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yes! she should get in trouble. that poor little girl!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Michelle Malkin is an ass-clown.
    Anonymous

• yes i don't think politics should be discussed in school other then the regular history lessons of the presidents of the US.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• She shouldn't be teaching at all, especially because she can't speak ENGLISH!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I want to add that political discussion in schools starting in MIDDLE School should be encouraged with reason. My middle schooler had political discussions this year and they had to actually support their opinions with REAL facts not just "change" lol.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I didn't see what you described but it doesn't change my opinion.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• The teacher needs to be fired.
    KC33

Answer by KC33 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think she was too harsh, especially since it was a political debate about the children's opinions, but I don't think it got to the level of child abuse. However this is why teachers should stay away from this sort of thing, because they are people too, and sometimes they are passionate about their beliefs. I would in no way hold Mr. Obama to blame for this teacher's actions though. (I voted for McCain)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I work in a classroom, 2nd graders, and on election day they voted. No not for president, but for dogs. They learned about 4 dogs and they got to vote on a dog they liked best. Then they learned about the candidates for president without the teacher stating who she voted for. Yes, I don't thinkt that children under the age of 14 should be subjected to the hard facts that comes with the election from school but once they have a government class they should try to get involved a little and learn what they can, but not from an educator whom is biased. She should be disiplined and either put on probation or let go.
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 6:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think she ought to be spoken to and told she acted inappropriately and not to do it again, or she will need to look for a different position if she does.

By the way, I love Michelle Malkin!
    Anonymous