Need a little advice...

My SIL get along on the surface... When I first met my husband she was extremely territorial ..

Since having the baby... She will make comment or to tell me what to do with my baby. A little info on her she is younger than me and has no children or even a BF. She is spoiled only girl. Used to my MIL defending her and her getting her way. My MIL came to me on two different times and said " she is dying to hold that baby" well I never said she couldn't hold the baby. My MIL wants me to talk to her about this because she and I agreed my SIL isn't going to come to me to speak to me about this issue.

This is how I feel.. why should I go to her and say here hold my baby!? If she wants to hold the baby can't she just ask? She pouts around my husband and I and our baby. She won't ask us to hold her she just sits and stares at her. She gets mad when we ask her to wash her hands. I have even gone out of my way to get the baby a long sleeve shirt that says " My Auntie Is Awesome".. I got no response from her. I email her and text her I get nothing back. I know that since she carries her phone around with her she Texts all the time..

I told my MIL if she at least came to me and said " I don't like you." Than id take that as an answer and would not be angry.. It would be better than how it is now..I have done all I am going to do... or feel I should do.

What do you think? Should I just suck it up and speak with her is it worth it..

I also told my MIL that She isn't helping our relationship.. that if she isn't going to be kind to me or nice that she I'm not going to be so willing to let her hold our baby. My daughter is my heart and to let her hold my heart its hard to see someone who is I feel is kind of disrespectful to hold my baby..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Ignore her. If she starts pouting, get up and walk around with the baby.
    Like you said, if she wants to hold the baby, she can ASK!!!! Always stand your ground with things you believe in, like the hand washing issue, but make sure you do it for everyone else as well.
    To be honest, I wouldn't go out of your way to make HER feel comfortable and for HER to feel liked......don't buy into her attitude.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• what I mean is .. why should I let somone who doesn't respond to my nice gestures and attempts to be kind than why should I let her hold my child. I have told her many times.. I want my baby to have an Aunt. My only two aunts have passed away.. and she is my babys only aunt. She told my MIL she doesn't feel like an aunt. She also lives close to 2 hours away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Your baby's Aunt is uncomfortable because you can see right through her. That's probably why she avoids you. That's probably why she is going to your MIL to speak for her. I would have to tell your MIL that if she wants to hold the baby that she needs to ask you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2010