Should you trust your gut instincts?

I have always heard that when you get that feeling in your gut, then it is probably true. Well I just have that feeling in my gut that my husband is cheating on me. This is not the 1st time I have had this gut feeling. 2 years ago, I felt he was cheating on me while he was away with work. For the past week, my gut has been telling me this. It is just making me sick. Do you believe your gut instinct is right? What should I do? Any advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I used to ignore my gut instinct, but I've learned to listen, because its never been wrong.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I've always been a huge believer of following your instinct. I sure hope you're wrong, I hate seeing people get hurt. You know your husband, has his routine changed, the way he dresses etc.? You definetly have a right to know, considering the health risk involved. ie, std, aids, genital herpes etc. Don't mean to scare you but you have to be proactive in your life. Good Luck!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• oh YESSSSSS!!!! go with your gut instincts, it sounds cliche but imo it is true and we women are usually right. i don't know how long u have been on cm but i have seen stories over and over again where we trusted our instinct and we were right. i can testify to this i have been there too.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My gut instinct has NEVER failed me, even when I tried to ignore it! Listen to what your body is telling you, and trust yourself to know the truth. I know it can be painful, but better to deal with troubles head on than to ignore or bury them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• yes its called a gut instinct for a reason and my gut instinct has helped me more then once and always been right ill give you an example
    1)4 days after i gave birth to my daughter i was discharged from the hospitial but i was convinced my baby was jaundiced the
    checked her blood she was a 9 they said it would go down for the next 2 days i had a horrible gut feeling that she was very sick so i called her pedi and told her i felt nicki was jaundiced she made an appointment for the next tuesday but i couldnt wait i took her to the ER and when the took her blood and the tests came back the nurse wisked her away to the billy machine her level was at 19 at 24 it can cause blindness or brain damage my gut instinct saved my baby

so IMO listen to your gut

91brarmywife

Answer by 91brarmywife at 11:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have always trusted mine and it was right. I hope in your case it is wrong. Good Luck
    princess68

Answer by princess68 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes and no!!!!!!!!! The only time your insticts will come into question is in this department!!! Careful sweetie. The green eyed monster can also be a fat liar!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010