have you ever had to deal with someone like this

right now my husband and i are renting a house with some other friends of ours. Well for the last four months or so one of our roommates as turning into such a jerk (and that's an understatement). He has stopped paying for his share of things. He is always blowing his money on everything. He doesn't help pay for the food but he has no problem sneaking the food everyone else buys up to his room and he is always buying food for himself and hiding it up in his room. He is always talking crap about myself and my husband. he is now spreading rumors about us. He has gone as far as to tell our landlord some of these lies and she believes him. He has admitted that he is trying to get us kicked out because he doesn't like the fact we want him to help out with bills and cleaning the house.

He even told a friend of mine that when I was pregnant over three months ago he purposely stressed me out and would start fights to try to get me to miscarry (and i did miscarry). Right now my husband and i are trying to save money to get out of this place ASAP. We tried talking to our landlord but in our lease it says if one person moves out everyone has to move out so we are just trying to hang in there. And i just found out i was pregnant again which is a huge shock seeing that we were using BC.

So has anyone dealt with someone like this? And when pregnant how do you deal with the stress? I'm to the point where i think i'm going to move in with my mother until my husband and i save up the money to move out on our own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• MOVE!!!!!! Husband and Wife need their space... this guy has got to go! No one likes a backstabbing Lier!!!! You need to get this negative person out of your life.. and never speak to him again. I promise you will get your sanity back and you will be able to breath easier...!!! Sorry this has happened to you it sucks and has happened to me. Things will get better. Congrats and Good Luck with your pregnancy Ps- REST up!!!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 1:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• we plan on moving as soon we get our income taxes in. and we aren't going to tell our roommate about it until a week before we move. I feel like i'm going crazy and i have no one to talk to about it. I try to talk to my husband about it but he is so stressed out he just has more negative things to say about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• move in w/ u're mom till u're hubby can get the money together. neither of u should be in that house. this guy is toxic. not worth the stress and added risk to your pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wait....do we live together!? lol...yes, I do know someone like that.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The way he's been acting, I would move and not tell him until the last minute. It is obvious that he has been using the two of you all along. I he won't make I bet on his own. Did all of you sign the lease? Was is written in the lease that he was to pay half of the expenses? If so, you could take him to court.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm really sorry you are going through this, for the sake of you and your baby move out as soon as possible. If your mom is willing to help you out, then move in with her until you can get your own place for you and family. About the food, try to keep it in your room too, don't leave anything for him. About the rumors don't even pay attention, you need to be calm as much as possible, try to avoid him. Wish you the best. Hugs
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I say if your mother will take BOTH you and your husband in for a while, that you break your lease and leave the other guy behind to deal with the mess HE created! What's the worst thing that happens? You lose your security deposit? Money can be recovered but miscarrying cannot! Your marriage, your baby and your physical well-being are MUCH more important than a couple hundred dollars security!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• blowing kissesOMG!!!!!! It would be heels and elbows for me, for sure!!!!! Run until your hubby comes to rescue. Get outta the house yesterday!!!!

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010