I'm so angry with my cousin right now

She was supposed to take her daughter to the hospital 3 months ago to get a sonogram. Her doctor is worried and has had to reschedule the sonogram a hand full of times because my cousin will not take her. The doctor is concerned also because she is not gaining weight normally. She has been 16lbs for the last 3/4months, has grown taller but not gained any weight. Her daughter is now 10.5 months.

Should I say something, I have basically just stopped talking to her because she is not an active mother. Her daughter is in day care until 6pm m-f, which make sense because her finace doesn't want to watch the daughter, and then her daughter goes to her moms house about 6 nights out of the week and stays the night there. And then the weekends are mostly spent there as well.

She can go buy new clothes, have her 500 dollar car payment etc, but a fkn sonogram is too much money??? UGHH Why not pay the car a little late to fork some money over to your babies health care, clearly the doc is worried. (VENT) advice on what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• She isn't cut out to be a mother. I would jump up and down and even offer to take the time out to take her yourself. I think she is too busy to even want to see what is up. Either that or she knows the reason why she isn't gaining and isn't saying it. This is outraging I would feel the same way as you. I think you should kindly and nicely speak to her without upsetting her ask her why she hasn't taken her to see the doctor. Its a serious issue that should be addressed. As far as the child care situation its the saddest thing I have ever hearddd she should be spending time with her child... Oyyyyyy Good Luck!!!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 1:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i think that is simply bad parenting. my children come before a car, rent or anyother thing for tat matter, she better hope the doctor doesnt report that because its negligence
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 1:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear this. But it really sounds like your cousins doesn't make her daughter her first priority. The child should come first. But this also poses a question, when does your cousin actually spend time with her daughter? One thing is clear though, someone needs to explain to her the seriousness of this situation, and step in if possible. Find out if it is possible if someone other than the parent can take her to get that sonogram done. The sooner, the better.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Trust me, the offer has been extended, she just doesn't want her kid to see a doctor, she has every excuse in the book as to why she doesn't want her to go. My family keeps talking about it and we all agree, even if she is afraid to see if something is wrong, it better know and be able to treat then one day wake up and your baby isn't there.

She has always been selfish since I can remember, she uses her daughter as an accessory. Can have a million photos on faebook but in realty she only has her daughter maybe one whole day a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Why isn't her mother taking her granddaughter to the doctor--since she is practically raising this child!?? I think a call to CPS may be in order--for the best interest of the child, that baby needs and is entitled to free medical care (Medicaid), if needed!! I think the grandmother should petition family court on behalf of her granddaughter and see what happens!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010