Jealousy!

my 2 year old is super jealous of my 3 month old. she only gets made when im nursing. She says mommy stop feeding that baby. any tips? is this normal?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 1:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get her to help. I know it sounds crazy, but if you have her get the nursing blanket, if you use one, as well as set out diapers, wipes, and other nick-nacks that you will need for after you get done nursing. Then have her sing songs to the baby, or give her her own baby to pretend nurse while you do your baby. This is what I did with my steps, and my own children whenever I nursed. I don't do that now though becuase my steps and bio-kids are so much older, but it worked when they were younger! lol
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Try having a special box of toys she only gets to play with when you're nursing, a friend of mine had to do that with her oldest.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You might try reading to her at that time and those books only get read while you are nursing. You might have a special cuddling time before you know it is time for a feeding so she gets extra attention beforehand. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• make extra time for her before you have to start nursing.Play with her, read to her, or just do something you both enjoy doing together! my SIL had to do that with my nephew when my neice was born
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010