depression while pregnant

before i got pregnant i knew i had depression. I'm a little over a month now. and i've noticed that my depression is getting really bad. I'm dealing with some much in my life right now. I'm trying to be happy but i'm finding it so hard. so i was wondering if there is anyone else out there who had dealt with depression while being pregnant and how did you deal with it? it's to the point where i just want to stay in bed all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. See your dr, right away. I got truelybterrible and saying I need to be happy may not cut it. I had to gets meeds. SSRIs are pretty well studied but they don't work for me so I was on pristine an SNRI
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 1:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have had two children both of which I had post natal depression. I am having my third and I am apprehensive due to my history of depression. I have a fabulous doctor whom I have seen now for 7yrs. I take medication and do Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with him. If you can get yourself to a recommended psychiatrist. And or a great Post natal hospital that can assist you throughout your pregnancy and beyond.
    taylorlea

Answer by taylorlea at 2:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You should see your doctor. No one can really help you with your depression because it is a very personal subject. Meaning that you have to route out the reason why you are so sad and look for help/options in making it better. I had depression for two years (this was before I was pregnant). I knew why I was depressed but refused to deal with it because I just wanted to be angry and hurt. Which when you are depressed you find that is the only thing you can do. Finally towards the end it got even worse and I thought to myself, why the hell am I so sad and empty. After "soul searching" (since I couldn't afford counciling) I realized why I was sad and worked on making the situation better by my just making myself happier. Now your situation is not the same as mine and that is why you need to see some one about this. They will help, do not be ashamed to get help! By getting help you can be happy again.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 2:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You need to see your doctor as soon as you can get in.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2010