• In the Spotlight:

WHAT IS BABY WEARING MEAN?

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAINE THIS TO ME?

phoniex1

Asked by phoniex1 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are asking what I think you are, it is when a mother carries her baby around constantly in a sling tied to her body. You see a lot of it in other countries like India and Africa, and now many American women are doing it too.
    Sissy_Girl

Answer by Sissy_Girl at 5:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• might be breast feeding
    marli08

Answer by marli08 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I always wondered the same thing, I just thought it was someone who carried their baby around all the time.
    dcdmattison03

Answer by dcdmattison03 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• There are actual slings, or wraps that many women use, to keep their baby close to them....try looking up Moby Wrap, or Baby Sling
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 6:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Baby wearing is wearing your baby in a sling or a wrap. We used a sling and I loved it. We live in northern IN so the sling worked well becuase it's thicker than a wrap. So in the winter it's great to keep baby warm, I always wrapped them up in my coat.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yap wearing your baby is so kool and convenient! i loved it! ^_^ you dont have a lil baby so i understand why u asked, lol
    Peace
    QueenZeeksMom

Answer by QueenZeeksMom at 8:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Baby wearing means carrying your baby in a sling or pouch. It keeps your hands free to get things done, but gives baby the security and closeness to mama that he craves.
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 9:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2008