Still SO Unsure About Keeping Pregnancy ADVICE!

Im Still SO Unsure About Keeping This Pregnancy. Im 22 (Soon To Be 23) And Have A Very Supportive Boyfriend. I Don't Know If Im Ready For The Changes. I'm Giving This MUCH Thought (It's All I Think About) And I Still Can't Decide Fully.

--Keeping It
-Changes
-Happiness (?)
-New Baby

NOT Keeping It
-Keep My Life (Though Its Hard, Its Getting Better)
-Staying w/o Responsibities (Except For Myself)

I Have No Idea. I Wish I Had A Job/Car And Was A Little More Stable And Mature.
It Seems No Matter How Many Adversities Im Facing, Everyone Says I Should Still Keep It.

Except For My Mom. She Was OK With Me Keeping It But Now That Ive Meantioned That I Might Get An Abortion She Seems Totally Happy.
Anyone Out Their Who Had Extreme Circumstances And Still Went Through With It?

TrixyKing

Asked by TrixyKing at 3:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry but abortion?if you didnt want a baby why not just use birthcontrol?you are gonna kill a innocent baby cause you dont wanna grow uo?sorry but you shouldve thought about this before.dont kill a baby give it to someone who wants a baby and cant have one!!!!
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I Know, I Know. Adoption Would Deffinitly NOT Be An Option Because I Think Thats Sad. The Kid Will Grow Up Always Wondering Who Their Real Parents Are. And Im Not Going To Go Through ALL The Pregnancy Stuff JUST To Give Up The Kid.
    I Was In The Process Of Recieving Birth Control (Scheduled Docs Visit) But Then I Missed My Period.
    I Just Feel Like The Change Will Be TOO Extreme And That My Parents Couldn't Take It.
    I Am Afraid Of Growing Up, I Will Admit. But I Don't Know What To Do About It.
    I Feel Selfish If I Keep It...Like Im Going To Purposely Put Everyone Through This JUST To Have Some Kid.
    If I Was Alone w/ A Stable Job Then I Wouldn't Have A Problem. It's Just All The Outside Stuff (Parents)
    TrixyKing

Comment by TrixyKing (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Hmmmm, that is really up to you. I won't lie it does change your life. I wasn't much older than you are now when I had my first one, my BF was out of a job and we were in danger of losing our apt. if it wasn't for his mom stepping in I don't know what would have happened, we had very little food, he would go for days without eating sometimes to make sure I was getting enough. But we did make it and are doing ok now. If you don't think you can handle it right now then give it up, or if you want to try then keep it. The choice is yours no one can make it for you. It's good that he is being supportive. Good luck !!!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You're obviously still a child (using capital letters for every single word). You made the choice to spread your legs WITHOUT protection. Follow through with your pregnancy and put the infant up for adoption. Adoption is your BEST BET. This is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and you need to own up to it. Own up to your responsibilities as a MOTHER. I'm all for pro-choice, but this is a DUMBASS reason to have an abortion.

Follow through with the pregnancy and put the baby up for adoption. There are so many couples out there who can't have children and go for adoption. Why not help those couples who can't have kids? If you don't want the child for yourself, let one of those couples have a chance at happiness. Please.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Adoption is NOT an option?! How selfish!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• you are totally selfish adoption not an option its sad?????? so killin a inocent baby is what????? unreal!!! and you were in process of bc????um how long you ben having sex you didnt know that sex leads to pregnancy and you never heard of a condom?and if you have no kids why you on cafemom?
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm sorry but this makes me laugh i'm not trying to be mean but it does i'm 19 years old and i have a kid i got pregnant at 17 and had my daughter at 18 i choose to have my daughter instead of worrying about how am i gonna do it if i have no job that's what the babysdaddy is there for to work and to support you and your baby i mean you might not live in a stable apartment or house but if your boyfriend /or husband has a job i think you just keep it if not give it up for adoption if you can't own up to your responsibilities and i think Tam is right you are being selfish if you don't wanna give it up for adoption someone will keep that child the life that it deserves and like my mother always said that child didn't ask to be made or born i hope you make the right decision for the sake of your baby good luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Thank you, alexia_09!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• As hard as it is, being a mother is the most rewarding job. I found myself at 20 single and pregnant with twins. The father, who talked of marriage and kids until the positive test, decided he wanted no part of it and wanted to abort. I went through with it (alone) and I have the most beautiful intelligent kids I could have asked for. Its well worth giving up a few years of partying to have the joy of raising a child. I have never once regretting my decision to keep my kids. It is your choice, but you may find yourself regretting an abortion down the road. You may always have that "what if?" Good luck
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I Appricaite All The Comments, I Understand This Is A Heated Topic And I Understand Your Guys' Hostility.

@Alexia My BF Also Had NO Job And Would Have To Move Out Here AND He's Younger Than Me. I Feel Like He Wouldn't Be Able To Take On All Thats Demanded Even Though He Says He's Ready. Also, I Never Want To Be Supported By A Man. I Want To Fend For Myself As Well As Get Help From My BF (Mutual). I Have Other Goals In Life Other Than Being A Mom But Im Sure If You Can Do It, I Might Be Able. Please Share With Me More Of Your Story. How Did You Tell Your Parents? Did You Get Gov't Assistance?

@Tam I Capitolize The Letters Because It's A Habit. I Can't Type Without Doing It. It Has Nothing To Do With Me Being Immature. I'll Probably Do It Till I Am As Old As You

@ loomis6 Im On CafeMom Because I Want Advice From Real Mothers, Such As Yourself. I Was Using Condoms. Idk What Happened.
    TrixyKing

Comment by TrixyKing (original poster) at 3:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2010