IS HOMOSEXUALITY BEING SHOWN TOO MUCH IN FRONT OF OUR CHILDREN

i notice that teens are being more sexual in public now..they are doin more homosexual things in public now..i watch teens girls just grab each others breast an kiss in public like it aint nothing..young boys just kiss an grab each other like it aint nothing..
then the cartoons..Patrick an Spongebob..family guy,simpsons,american dad,thats just to name that i have to try an explain to my 2&5yr old y they are doin these things..
this is just a small part of what worries me..
but do u think that their is too much homosexuality is being shown too freely now..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Read what you want to in cartoons. I think it's great that homosexuals aren't afraid to show their affection for each other. The groping, on the other hand, is inappropriate.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The cartoons you mentioned my daughter generallyd oesn't watch. In fact for the most part she watches TV on second hand VHS we find at our local thrift store. Better control for me.
    I don't know about what you watch in TV but what I watch, no I don't. I watch one show with homosexuality in it openly, Modern Family and I think it is a wonderful portrayal of a committed homosexual couple, not the sterotype of out loose with everyone and anyone.
    As for teens. I think that as the idea of homosexuality opens and becomes less of a taboo subject that then in turns open the doors that experimentaion doesn't have to be hidden and kept locked in a closet as tightly. It could also just be a teen thing, go out and do what will garner attention from the masses who cares how. If you see it call 'em on it. Hey, this is a public place it's inappropriate to be groping like that. Let 'em know you don't approve, if they hear it enough may change
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have yet to see an gay people going at it in public. Where in the world do you people live? Family Guy and American Dad are NOT kid shows. Some would argue about the Simpsons although my kids have been watching it since they were babies, same with Spongebob. They don't bother me. Neither does homosexuality. My kids have seen two women and two men kiss on TV or in movies. It's not a big deal. It wasn't hard to explain to my kids either. "Some boys like other boys, some girls like girls." End of story. I don't understand why some people make it such a big deal.
    So, no, I don't think homosexuality is being shown too much in front of "my" kids. It doesn't bother us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with you and think there is too much negative gay exposure on TV and in the news. I am not saying homosexuality is negative just the portrayal and supposed promiscuity of gays.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I didn't say that homosexuality bothers me cuz it doesn't..but I do believe that some of the sexual display should b left in private..an kids imitate what they see..no child/parent should have to ride public transportation or go to the store an see a guy grabbin anotha mans junk..or a girl grabbin anotha girls breast or hands in another girls or guys pants..I live in the DC area..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 4:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Sexual displays of any orientation are rude and too prevalent. Why single out homosexuals? The heteros are just as over-sexed as they are, if not worse because it is still considered more socially acceptable to be hetero. No parent/child/respectable human being should have to see ANYONE groping ANYONE, gay or straight. All sexual displays should be left in private, or in movies, books, etc. for adults. If your kid is watching these adult films, etc. then time to monitor your kids better.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• A lot of things are shown are too much in front of kids people getting blown up in video games people having sex on tv cartoon characters kissing and cursing . I don't understand how our society can allow children to be exposed to all these things and not give a fuck But when it comes to homosexuality people go loco. All i have to say is let them live their lives leave them alone let them get married hate it or love it you cant make a gay person non gay and you cant refrain them from being themselves.

Mizzsweetooth

Answer by Mizzsweetooth at 5:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with Tam. But heterosexuals do this, too, you know. Why is it an issue for you when homosexuals show affection in public? Does it bother you when heterosexual couples do it? I betcha it doesn't because it isn't two girls or two guys. *shakes head*
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Ok, then if homosexuals do not bother you then why post this specifically pertaining to the gay community. How do you feel seeing hetero couples do the same thing. Why is it ok for one and not the other. I think it is high time that we let teens know its OK to be gay. Get over yourself.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My kids, even the older ones, aren't allowed to watch any of the shows, cartoon or other, that you mentioned. I also haven't seen any open displays of affection lately - wondering where you go and when you are there that your young children are seeing these things?

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010