Belly fat after Cesarean?

If you had a Cesarean, were you able to get your tummy back to looking how it did before you became pregnant?

My daughter's four years old now and I needed a Cesarean when she was born (she was breech). Even if I were to get my "top" belly close to where it was before pregnancy, what happens with the "bottom" belly directly above the scar?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 4:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had 2 cesareans.  My stomach was flat before and is flat now.  My youngest is 17 months.  I think alot of this has to do with genetics but it's also how fit you were before pregnancy and how much you work afterwards to get it back. 

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think from there, genetics is involved. Diet and exercise are your best bets, but there may always be some pooch. Try to cut out refined sugars and starches, saturated fats and trans fats, eat small, frequent meals, and do some moderate exercise most days.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wish I knew! I have had three c-sections! I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant, and even had people comment and ask when I'm due. My youngest is 2 1/2 now, so I would also like to get rid of my stomach. Like musicpisces said it's pretty much genetics. Because I know a few girls that have had c-sections and their stomachs went right back to normal. My stomach also looks like a road map from all my strech marks, even though I applied coco butter on it everyday while pregnant with my first. It wouldn't have helped with the other two pregnancies my stomach was already messed up from the first.
    khurley8686

Answer by khurley8686 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wish I could help but I have the same problem and my youngest is 7...LOL
    ddleachman

Answer by ddleachman at 4:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Me to. I always had a flat stomach. Now it's completely gross.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I had my daughter four years ago. I know that diet and exercise will help with general weight loss. I just really don't like that I end up having to wear jeans and slacks that cover the pooch. =( I wonder if that Kymara thing helps out there...
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 4:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2010